Blog-e-Verse

This is THE ultimate blog where i will try to post ultimate topics and get THE ultimate comments.

Some amazing songs I heard this year
Saturday, July 14, 2007
I am pretty desperate to post two posts this week. I think the other one must be the real crowd-puller(remember 2 is company, 3 is crowd?). This one is just for time pass. It is a list of some amazing songs I have heard this year in three languages.

The songs are listed here in random order. My suggestion is that everyone who reads this must listen to each of this song. I have also given the videos of songs which I feel have been neglected.

Jaane Kaise(Raqeeb).

How I love this song. This song has gripped me for a long time now. I'll give credit to Pritam for this impeccable number and also to Sameer for the sublime lyrics. Once you are done with this song, the lines, "Tera Chehra Sanam ik Rubaayi si hai, mere dil jism-o-jaan pe tu chayi si hai" keeps reverberating in your head. Great work!!

Main Jahaan Rahoon (Namastey London)

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - just the name of the singer takes the song forward. Superb work by my favourite Himesh Reshammiya. "Shut up and let the legend make the song a winner" - This is exactly what Himesh has done. The minimal background orchestration further heightens the quality. This might as well be the last Himesh classic sung by somebody else.

Tere Bina(Aap Kaa Surroor)


This is the kind of song that made me a Himesh fan in the first place. Heavenly tune, superb singing(Yes, good job, Himesh) and an even superb video.

Ek Din(Naqaab)

A nice Latino styled song with some thoughtful lyrics. Good job by Pritam once again.

Onde Ondu Saari(Mungaru Male)

Its been a long time since I have liked a Kannada song so much. Mano Murthy, being an NRI, does not seem to care about Kannada music conventions and gives a track to remember.

Ping Pong Song(Insomniac)

Enrique Iglesias sings this song fervently and takes it a mile further. I must admire his seasoned voice which, over the years, he has learnt to control it so well.

Thats all for now, Tell me if I missed anything.
posted by Abhishek Shetty @ 5:12 PM

2 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2007 at 3:19 PM , Blogger ~Priya~ said...

    Hey! i Like "main jahaan rahoon" from NL too !
    Next, my favourite is alvida from Metro. [ In dino rocks too ].
    Mungaru male title song is really sweet :)

     
  • At July 15, 2007 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Abhishek Shetty said...

    Oh my god. I cant believe I forgot Alvida from Metro. Thats like Pritam at his best. One song I deliberately didn't include is Tanhaiyaan although I love it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Just an average guy with more than many un-average traits.

Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Stats & Figures

Powered by Blogger

MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & © 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved.