Blog-e-Verse

This is THE ultimate blog where i will try to post ultimate topics and get THE ultimate comments.

The New Idol
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Sorry, Amit and Prashanth, I basically think reality TV is crap. So this post is not about you guys. Its about one more guy who recently became my role model. Some guy who was born on the same month as me(or is it the other way round?). At 76, He is one of the most active business-man in the world. Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, Let me introduce to you the man, the icon, the legend(no I am not talking about myself,:) Sorry Cyrus no royalty for you), Keith Rupert Murdoch.

He might be an unknown name to many of us but then he owns the STAR group(TV Channels). He is considered the greatest deal-maker the world has ever seen. Ever since I found out that Keith Townsend's character in the book The Fourth Estate is based on his life, I have read a lot about him. His style has got me and made me an instant fan. His indomitable spirit even though he is a cancer patient must be an inspiration for youngsters who keep complaining that the pressure of being a teenager is too much. I really love this quote: "Can we change the world? No, but hell, we can all try."

I basically love people who live life on the fast lane. To quote the man himself, "The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow." His company News Corp. owns a whopping 42 newspapers, 35 magazines, 6 radio stations(hell, he owns Radio City), 3 Sports teams, 30 Cable Channels and another 30 websites(This is just a part of the list. For Full list:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_Corporation#Holdings). Just Look at his face and you will see confidence oozing out.

It is believed that the man never sleeps(Although his family categorically denies that). He is said to have told his driver not to stop at the chapel where his wedding was scheduled to happen. He thought that an early wedding would hinder his growth in business. Reading books and articles about him have made me double check this is no fantasy novel I am reading. He is also considered the ultimate gambler and one who does not fear failure. Never scared to try new things, he once got News Corp. out of a 6 billion debt in the 1980's.

This man is has been an inspiration for me during the past two weeks. He is also the latest entrant to the list of people whom I idolize. Truly a self made man. It is one of my desires that I meet this man personally once at least. I want to just admire this man, face-to-face.
posted by Abhishek Shetty @ 6:07 PM

3 Comments:

  • At September 24, 2007 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Prarthana Ravishankar said...

    Thank God you haven't gone on to talk about Amit and Prashanth....(thats what I thought yuo would write about after I saw ur heading... ironic though!!)
    Anyways...getting back, it is definitely brilliant to see a man oozing with confidence and ready to face ANYTHING that he encounters...
    Self confidence is one thing we all need to possess to face any kind of challenges...
    Nice post...Keep them coming!!

     
  • At September 27, 2007 at 5:17 PM , Blogger ~Priya~ said...

    Very Inspiring.
    Reminds me of
    KyleXY [Star World]:"How can Human Sleep When there's So much Yet to Explore?".
    I Wish. :|

     
  • At September 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In the long run, what will ultimately matter will be how happy you are. We have seen how some of the most rich and famous people becoming drug addicts, whereas some autorickshaw drivers remain happy with whatever little they have.

    You might be having tonnes of money, but if you aren't able to enjoy because of it then what's the use?

    BTW, Nice article!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Just an average guy with more than many un-average traits.

Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Stats & Figures

Powered by Blogger

MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & © 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved.